passing out supplies-- jobs

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 06:11:39 PDT

I have a way of assigning jobs that isn't as much fun (not cute or
clever)...but it saves me a lot of time. I have six tables....Each table has
a numbers assigned to seat positions. I have the numbers on the tables
(although---many have been peeled off over the years....normal kids stuff
you know). Number one and two are left side ---three and four right side
(numbered around counter clockwise). Tables are red - orange -- yellow --
green -- blue -- violet (not original...but easy).

Anyway..at clean-up ---or for passing out supplies....all I have to do is
say Number 1's get the such and such....number 2's do such and
such....number 3's do whatever....Not all tables have number 4's...but they
fit into the picture, too. I don't have to think.....the kids don't have to
think....they just do. Takes very little time (this method impressed the
Supervisor for my student teacher a couple years ago--she was amazed at how
quickly the students got things done).

BTW... I was going to have a list member make big paper cranes for me to
hang over my tables (a collaboration! I was sending Japanese prints with the
paper in exchange)....but no longer have the name or address (lost forever
last year when e-mail program failed). If you are still a member of this
list --please send e-mail off list (Jdecker@woh.rr.com). See folks ---I
don't forget these promises.....I just don't always "get around to it".

Judith D (can't quite get in the habit of Judith....I type Judy every time
and change it)

---