Supply person ideas

---------

From: menichino (menichino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 18:27:14 PDT

Hi all --
Does anyone have any suggestions for choosing supply people in an elementary
classroom? At my K-2 tables we have it all figured out (reproductions of
famous paintings hang over their seats -- the supply person is the one whose
reproduction is on display at the front of the room), but for 3-5 I like to
do a quick socialization thing -- like the person with the longest hair gets
supplies, etc. I change it every week and hope that everyone gets a chance
frequently. I have used ideas like:
    darkest eyes, wearing the most white, sitting farthest from my desk,
most letters in last name -- things that are not related to socio-economic
status nor too personal. They should be obvious ones (once I made the
mistake of using the person with the most house pets -- got some tall
stories that day!)
After 25 weeks or so I start to run out of ideas. Do you folks have any I
could add to the list? Thanks for the ideas , and welcome back Sharon!
Liz in rural NY
menichino@infoblvd.net

---