Re: displaying B work......

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 15:55:48 PDT

Amen Lin. Often others see things we might not think are the best. Case
in point-
an 8th gr. piece that took a gold key in the Scholastic , almost wasn't
sent in.
Last minute I decided to include it. I always try to keep in mind you
never know
what those judges are looking for this year. So a work of art I thought
was more
in the high B range , was picked over others- go figure.
A local art teacher who's student received a national award, told me she
was
surprised it won because she didn't think it was the best piece.
Heck , I never have a second thought about putting up B work . It 's the
work
below I sometimes cringe at( depending on the student). Some of my B
kids really
try hard and I love putting up their work.
Our staff votes for their favorites at our annual art exhibit in March.
It is
incredible the variety of votes we get. The top 3 vote getters receive
ribbons and
they don't win by a huge margin.
MaryBBBBBB

lin@altmanink.com wrote:

> Another thing to consider about displaying "A" and "B", and even "C" work is
> that everyone's taste in art is different. My fourth graders did a landscape
> project that the entire teaching staff went nuts over. I thought the kids did
> a good job, but everyone had a different favorite. Some teachers even asked if
> they could purchase the kid's work. The pieces they were most interested in
> were definitely not the best work, but they saw something in the pieces that
> spoke to them.
> Lin

---