Desperate for a teacher!

---------

From: Dennis Freeman (freemad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 15:35:35 PDT

ArtsEdNetters -
Some time ago, I posted an opening for an art teacher in Wyoming. Some of
you responded, but few applied. Well, it's June now, and we've offered the
job twice, only to be turned down!

There has to be someone out there who wants to be in a place like this, in a
great department, with supportive colleagues and classes already filled with
students who expect to be challenged. If you are in a place plagued by
power blackouts, flooding, excessive heat, oversize classes, low
expectations or lack of support, check this out!

9 - 12 Art teacher, Green River H.S., Green River, WY. All classes under 25
students. Classes scheduled for next year are sculpture (2 sections),
drawing (2 sections), painting and advanced art. Two other teachers in
department, who will be willing to swap for other classes, including,
computer graphics I & II, advanced 3D design, pottery. Alternating block
schedule, so you teach 3 & prep 1 every day (90 min. classes). Super
facility, with 3 art rooms, one of which is specially designed for pottery /
sculpture, a Mac G4 lab, new Geil downdraft kiln, electric kilns, clay
machinery, bronze foundry and much more, along with a healthy budget and a
record of excellence in the department.

All of this is located in southwestern Wyoming, right on the Green River,
known to the fur trappers as the Seedskeedee. 6700' elevation, with clean
air, astounding vistas, abundant fish and wildlife, lots of space and few
(but friendly) people. Our district has a base salary of around 26K, but
cost of living is fairly low, and there is NO state income tax. We will pay
for experience and education, moving expenses and a signing bonus.

If what we have to offer sounds good to you, then why not check it out so
you can tell us what you have to offer. Contact:

Dennis Freeman
freemad@wyoming.com
(307) 875-4726

Sweetwater Co. Sch. Dist. #2