re: painting collages

---------

From: holmgren (holmgren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 03:39:19 PDT

You could do a color mixing painting/collage Have students collect
samples of paper, fabric, magazine pages, etc. of a secondary color. Cut
them into shapes, and glue down on paper into an interesting composition.
Then use paint to complete the collage, mixing many color variations.
There are many concepts which can be included in this project, besides
the color/value studies; blance, repetition, texture, tec.

Mary H.

>I am interested in having my kids paint collages in
>the Fall. I was wondering what many of you use for a
>theme for your collages (if you use a theme). If you
>don't have your kids create a theme for their
>collages... what are some ideas I can throw off 'the
>top of my head' to the kids to inspire them? I thought
>about doing personal things but know there are more
>ideas out there than what my brain (which is now in
>summer mode) can muster. :)
>I hope to get lots of ideas from ya'll. :) hehe school
>is out and I can talk my comfy way- southern hehe

---