National Hispanic Culture Month - Sept 15 - Oct. 15

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 06:40:28 PDT

Many thanks to Betsy Larson! I knew I had sent this to the list at one point....I thought I would send it to the list again since September archives for 2000 are not available. I haven't checked yet to see it these links are still active (will do so before I do the Web page for Mexican Culture)...Judith D.
September 15 through October 15 is National Hispanic Culture Month. "Today, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 26 million people in the United States are of Hispanic origin. That's about ten percent of us!"

Below is a lnk to resources and information
http://www.education-world.com/a_lesson/lesson023.shtml
This site does list Spanish artists--and does NOT mention the more noted Mexican artists (go figure!)

Here is a links page for lesson plans:
http://ladb.unm.edu/retanet/plans/

Contemporary Hispanic Art:
http://www.asu.edu/clas/hrc/art/

Maria Elena- comtemporary artist
http://mariaelena-art.hypermart.net/

Museum Links page (many links are broken)
http://apollo.gse.uci.edu/intlang/hispanart.html

Museum of International Folk Art- Santa Fe
http://www.state.nm.us/MOIFAOnLine/PermanentCollections/permanentmain.html

Hispanic Art Links- (University of Florida)
http://www.fsu.edu/~modlang/sp-cai/coursesite/ArtLinks.htm

Art and Cultural Exhibitions
http://globegate.utm.edu/spanish/spanart.html

http://www.art.unt.edu/ntieva/artcurr/latino/index.htm