coaching and a lost 60 minutes segment

---------

From: Rebecca Stone-Danahy (RebeccaStoneDanahy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 06:00:33 PDT

I have two questions to ask of everyone this morning...

First, does anyone teach art and coach? I teach high school (beginning,
advanced and AP art classes with hopefully two preps a day next year - only
one this year) and am the varsity swim coach. It is demanding during season
and I am just wondering how others may handle the time crunch. I also am
married and have a four year old daughter.....

Second, there was a 60 minutes episode a few years ago (I'm thinking
1996-1997) that need help with. I would like to order a videotape of the
episode but can't remember the names of those interviewed. Here goes... it
was about a married couple (I think she was a librarian and he was a postal
employee??) who started collecting art. I'm pretty sure they lived around
New York. Anyway, they amassed a huge collection of modern art just by
following local up and coming artists and being involved in their lives. It
was to be donated to a museum or at least displayed in one. Anyway the
story was so interesting because the couple were not wealthy but had managed
to collect such a large display of work and when the interview took place
they had the art work displayed from floor to ceiling in their home. One of
the artworks was a short segment of rope....

This is all I can remember! I know the details are sketchy at best but
maybe someone will have a better memory than me! :)

Thank you!
Becky in NC

---