Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Mexican Art sites --please add to this list

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 20:42:46 PDT

One of the files I lost was my Mexican Art --I had decided to do that unit in the fall. Below are links I found today. Please add any good ones you have used --particularly Frieda Kahlo and Diego Rivera. I haven't searched for individual artists yet:

Mexican art
Fine Art- Artists of Mexico
 Diego Rivera Museum

Mexican Fine Arts Center Museum

Mexican Art On Line Presents contemporary painter, sculptors, printmakers and more

Masterpieces of Mexican Art (list of artists)

Cabo Art (contemporary art - commercial site)

Phoenix Art Museum - Frieda Kahlo, Diego Rivera and
Twentieth-Century Mexican Art:
The Jacques and Natasha Gelman Collection

Contemporary Arts and Crafts of Mexico (includes pictures of the artist) (this URL will have to be copied and pasted)

Mexican American Art- Getty

Mexico Connect- Links to contemporary arts and crafts - photograph of artist included

Museum of Latin American Art

"The Mexican Art Home Page" brings to you many types of art originating from Mexico. Here you will find Indian crafts, as well as virtual galleries displaying unique paintings and sculptures from a wide variety of Mexican fine artists.

I did retrieve my Cinco de May list of links from the archives.

Thanks for sending me the Multicultural Art Education links. I will be searching for more and will post those to the list.

Judith D.