Re: Paris information

---------

From: Susan Bennett (sbennett_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 20:08:49 PDT

Thank you very much!
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Elizabeth Shipley <eshipley@rbuhsd.k12.ca.us>
    To: ArtsEdNet Talk <artsednet@lists.pub.getty.edu>
    Cc: hookjp@execpc.com <hookjp@execpc.com>; sreiter@execpc.com <sreiter@execpc.com>
    Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 9:56 PM
    Subject: Paris information

    Subject: Paris info

    Hi does anyone have any safe inexpensive places to stay in Paris.
    Formule 1 chain has a hotel in Paris, a few min walk to the subway,
    very clean, modern, quiet, and $40 bucks Cdn per night. That's cheaper than
    a hostel if there's more than one of you.
     Bathrooms are down the hall but self-cleaning
    ( they wash themselves as soon as you leave). Nice continental breakfast is
    included. It's walking distance
    to the Montmarte. It is in the Port St Ouen area near the perimeter highway.
      The youth hostels are fine too. We stayed at the one in Clichy, easy by
    subway.

    We went to Paris in April because my husband had a meeting there. All
    conference participants were housed at an Ibis hotel at Place Cambronne.
    This is a bare basics chain, clean and cheap. The room did have a private
    bath- it was tiny but efficient. I think the price was around $80 per
    night. There is no atmosphere or charm but the price is right and the
    location was great- steps from the Metro and close to the Eiffel Tower.

    Camping site in Vincennes (Zoo of paris) : not expansive: 80 fr par
    jour. (10$) but a lot of people from Nederlands...

    But WARNING to french "arnaque" (my dictionnary ignore this word !, sorry).
    = an example when you take a parisian taxi from Roissy to Paris , observe
    which tariff the taxi-driver choice for his counter. It's possible that will
    be the night-tariff (more expansive of course)... It's prohibithed !

    Pascale From: <PASCBAUD@aol.com>

    I have got a great place to stay in Paris, not too expensive, near to a subway
    station, in a nice neighborhood with cute little restaurants and bistros, plus
    it has great ambiance. The rooms were small but clean. Here is the info...
        Grand Hotel des Balcons
        3, rue Casimir-Delavigne
        75006 Paris
        Tel: (1) 46.34.78.50
        Fax: (1) 46.34.06.27
    I stayed there 3 years ago, so I hope the information is still the same.

    --

    ---
leave-artsednet-5780X@lists.getty.edu

---