Paris information

---------

From: Elizabeth Shipley (eshipley_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 11:18:08 PDT

Subject: Paris info

Hi does anyone have any safe inexpensive places to stay in Paris.
Formule 1 chain has a hotel in Paris, a few min walk to the subway,
very clean, modern, quiet, and $40 bucks Cdn per night. That's cheaper than
a hostel if there's more than one of you.
  Bathrooms are down the hall but self-cleaning
( they wash themselves as soon as you leave). Nice continental breakfast is
included. It's walking distance
to the Montmarte. It is in the Port St Ouen area near the perimeter highway.
   The youth hostels are fine too. We stayed at the one in Clichy, easy by
subway.

We went to Paris in April because my husband had a meeting there. All
conference participants were housed at an Ibis hotel at Place Cambronne.
This is a bare basics chain, clean and cheap. The room did have a private
bath- it was tiny but efficient. I think the price was around $80 per
night. There is no atmosphere or charm but the price is right and the
location was great- steps from the Metro and close to the Eiffel Tower.

Camping site in Vincennes (Zoo of paris) : not expansive: 80 fr par
jour. (10$) but a lot of people from Nederlands...

But WARNING to french "arnaque" (my dictionnary ignore this word !, sorry).
= an example when you take a parisian taxi from Roissy to Paris , observe
which tariff the taxi-driver choice for his counter. It's possible that will
be the night-tariff (more expansive of course)... It's prohibithed !

Pascale From: <PASCBAUD@aol.com>

I have got a great place to stay in Paris, not too expensive, near to a subway
station, in a nice neighborhood with cute little restaurants and bistros, plus
it has great ambiance. The rooms were small but clean. Here is the info...
     Grand Hotel des Balcons
     3, rue Casimir-Delavigne
     75006 Paris
     Tel: (1) 46.34.78.50
     Fax: (1) 46.34.06.27
I stayed there 3 years ago, so I hope the information is still the same.

--
---