collage --surrealism!

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 17:12:09 PDT

Painting collages....Surrealism!

That is always a successful unit with me (middle school students). Students create a surreal composition from magazines ---some get really cool! It is important to cut very neatly for that surreal look.
I have used a touch of rubber cement (health hazard-- I know -- we don't use it much anymore)--then laminated. You could use Mod-Podge too (although it wrinkles).

You could do something like this---then paint the results...Salvador Dali step aside!

Heroes...another idea.....

Judy

---