displaying student work

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 16:43:34 PDT

Displaying work is a requirement for my students. I have it written into my course description. All middle school students have had at least one project on display sometime during their middle school years (I get many only for twelve weeks). I don't put up every project of every child -- I don't have the time. But I do not put the same kids up all the time either.

Why do I do this? I get many students who have never had a project on display anytime during their elementary years (K thru 5)...and even more who have never been in our district art show. It is interesting, when we have judges come in from other schools for our district show--they often select works that I would not have selected as the "best" and they frequently select pieces that I put in from students who have never been in our shows.
Who is decide what is good art?

Just thought I would add to this thread.

Judy D (Judith)

---