Re: noise level (was start the year)

---------

From: menichino (menichino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 13:33:33 PDT

As I started cleaning out my room today I came upon a strategy I used to use
in my 3-5 classroom. I photocopied a blank seating chart showing where the
tables were located. Then I laminated it and hung it on the wall where
everyone could see it. I kept one of those eraseable markers handy and if a
certain person was being disruptive I would make a big red X on the seating
chart where he/she was sitting. The neat part is that it was a little hard
for the kids to figure out exactly where everyone was, so if a red X went up
then many thought it may have been referring to them and more than one
person would quiet down. Also, I never mentioned (and no one asked!!) what
I was going to do with the info recorded on the chart. When the next class
came in I could wipe off the marker.
Liz in rural NY
menichino@infoblvd.net