Re: displaying bad work

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 13:18:04 PDT

I am assuming we are talking about high school work here. I'd like to first
define "bad artwork" as I see it. There are some artworks that are poorly
crafted, but the student has truly poured his/her heart and soul into the
project. These students generally are quite proud of their final product.
Therefore, this cannot be "bad work". Just being clear here! :-) The "bad
art" is created by those students who are lazy, or sullen, or whatever, but
they refuse to put forth the effort to be successful. Why do they choose art
class anyway??? Most of the art teachers I know have higher standards than
some of the other electives. Anyways, I will definately display this
student's artwork if I think it might prod him/her into putting forth abit
more effort. I will try other tactics as well - possibly having an
administrator compliment the student on a successful project (I always let
them know what to say!). I am rambling here, but to get to the point, I will
display the bad artwork if I have think something positive might come of it.
~Michal

> Do any of you display bad work by students?

---