Re: displaying B work......

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 11:21:45 PDT

> B art students generally shine in other areas....just like A art students
> shine in my classroom. Surely we as art teachers aren't so blind as to
> realize that the students know the difference too? Toodles....Bunki

The difference here, could also be an elementary teacher's view as opposed
to middle/secondary. I teach k-5, and I have students that put their all
into a work (and are very proud), but it still wouldn't be what I call "A"
work, and this has a lot to do with their maturity and fine motor skills.
So, I display all students' work. On the other hand, I do try to show the
best examples from each assignment, while making sure everyone gets
displayed. For my student show, everyone gets their personal best work in
the show. I can agree, though, that older students could probably all do
"A" work, if they know the objectives, and work hard.

Leah

---