in my dooryard

---------

From: Mark Alexander (malexander06_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 05:39:06 PDT

  I'm procrastinating. I'd planned on getting an early start cleaning out the art room this morning. But this is important.

  Yesterday morning I discovered a mother turkey nestling a dozen or so turkey chicks (gobblings?) in my dooryard. I stepped out the door and they leisurely gobbled and wobbled out towards the woods.

  This morning when I stepped out, there was a fox with a fox pup, just sniffing and looking around. I stood and watched. They made their investigation short when they saw me, heading down through the yard and into the front pasture.

  I wonder where those gobblings are today. I've got to get going and get my work done.

  Mark

---