Re: school days

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 18:35:53 PDT

In a message dated 06/19/2001 3:56:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
austart@bryanisd.org writes:

> As I sit here and read the mail of those of you left in school, I was
> wondering when you actually begin. It is June 19, we are out here in
> Texas, have been since May 24-26. We begin around August 15, what makes
> up the difference? When do most other states begin? I couldn't imagine
> still being in school during this time of the year.

In public schools in New York State, we begin right after Labor day, in the
first week of Sept. We get a week off in Dec.(sometimes longer-this year
almost two weeks!), one in Feb., sometimes one in March (if Passover and
Easter do not fall in the same week) and one in April. We go until usually
the third week in June, although NY City schools don't get out until June
27th. On Long Island the last day is Fri, June 22nd. Susan on Long
Island

---