Re: painting collages

---------

From: vicki ranck (vranck_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 16:18:48 PDT

Jeannie, hi
i have been doing collages with my students for years and finally have a
good recipe that makes them work. Usually if you just say make a collage
they end up horrible(for the most part). i have developed a list i call
Collage Hunt, i use it on my 7th graders. They have to find their name, it
can be just the letters or they can find it in mags or newspapers or cut the
letters themselves. they have to find their birthdate or zodiac sign, they
have find something they like and don't like, (i make them use the
letters/words "i like....i don't like....) they have to give me a place they
would like to be or go; pictures or words....they have to give me something
they believe in, again, words or pictures, but again, with the words: i
believe in..... i also ask for a favorite food. i have ten things on the
list that they have to search for but i can't remember them all and don't
have the list in front of me. the most successful thing i have found is to
have them collect all the "stuff" in a plastic bag AND then arrange it and
glue it down. Oh yes, another thing i have them do is find a body to go with
a small photo of themselves, it has to be somewhere on the
collage......can't think what else is on the list, hope this helps
vicki in tn
of course they are allowed to fill in negative space with paint, markers,
colored pencils.....
ok, vicki in tn

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/