Re: Hot&humid or very cold in Ca

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 16:14:31 PDT

Just to add to the environment thread. I work in a building designed as
an open school in the 70's in So. California. While our weather is
rarely too hot or too cold outside, our enclosed building was designed
only with air conditioning. The kids' body heat was supposed to generate
enough warmth. Since open classrooms are no longer in vogue, they have
added a lot of walls to enclose rooms that don't work with the
ventilation that was designed. We have a number of rooms that average 57
degrees, no matter what the temperature is. The alternative is to turn
the air con. off and then we go without oxygen. Some teachers have
chosen to block the vents in their rooms to raise the temp a few degrees
and regularly undergo oxygen deprivation as a result.

Life in public education...
Heather

---