Multicultural Art Education - sites

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 11:46:10 PDT

These are some links I sent to a few list folks when the Getty was
down...Please post any other good resources you have found in your "Web
Travels".

Multicultural Art Education

http://www.equitynj.org/pride.htm
PRIDE in who we are . Governor Christine Todd Whitman initiated a leadership
and public awareness campaign to promote diversity and harmony entitled
"Many Faces--One Family."

To obtain the latest copy of the Compendium of PRIDE Model Programs
published by the NJ Department of Education, contact the Office of Bilingual
Education and Equity Issues at 609/ 292-8777.
http://www.equitynj.org/divers.htm
Brigantine Elementary School, art is used as a stepping stone to teach
primary students to appreciate and respect cultural differences
P (peace) - R (respect) - I (inclusion) - D (diversity) - E (equity)

http://www.artsednet.getty.edu/ArtsEdNet/Resources/Chalmers/designing.html
Celebrating Pluralism: Multicultural Approaches to Art Learning Designing
and Implementing a Curriculum for Multicultural Art Education
http://www.artsednet.getty.edu/ArtsEdNet/Resources/Chalmers/index.html
(excerpts)

http://www.crizmac.com/Resources.html
Crizmac Curriculum Resources

USA: Cultural Diversity / Intercultural Exchange in the Arts
http://www.universes-in-universe.de/america/usa/e_int.htm

---