Best Tempera Paint

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 08:18:36 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

From: "Judy Nagel" <jdnag@elknet.net>
Jill, IMHO Handy Art is probably not what you want. The others are OK. If
you would like to try the Sax Tempera, I can send you a sample. Many people
like it. If you need a catalog, please send your snail mail in private and I
will get one to you. Judy Nagel
jnagel@saxarts.com <mailto:jnagel@saxarts.com>
*****************************
From: Jill Christine Griwatz <mailto:jgriwatz@toolcity.net>
I am a first year art teacher and am looking to buy tempera paint. There is
Artista ll in the room now. How do Handy Art, Prang and Crayola Premier
rate? Any help would be appreciated.
*****************************
Hi, Jill...Following up on what Judy said, the very best tempera paint we
have tried is Sax True Color from the SAX catalog. I tested diff. name
brands for over a year and this product was absolutely, hands-down, the best
tempera paint. The red & blue mix well to a purple (MANY don't), the red is
a true red (not pinkish or orange). The consistency is just right...not too
runny or thick. It works great in gallons with pumps. Doesn't clog up inside
the pumps like most others do. A very great plus is the price. It's cheaper
than most of the other "brand" names as well. I think you will like this
brand the best!!!!
Toodles.....Bunki

---