Looking for Ideas...

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 22:13:00 PDT

I have spent the past two weeks sitting in a classroom attending classes (UGH!). I took two classes and now I have to write my papers for credit. I am about brain dead, so maybe you guys can help me out! *S*

Class 1: This is a place-based class. I have to write a 6-9 week unit that includes writing, research, videos, publications, and field studies. There will be money available for whatever lesson I choose to do. I am thinking about having K-12 students all keep "visual journals". Obviously, each grade will have different objectives and criteria. I'm thinking they could all study insects, native plants, and native animals (the class was on habitats). Then they could do artwork and journal writing pertaining to all three and these could be compiled into powerpoint presentations and a booklet at the end of the year. This isn't too glamourous of an idea, so if anyone has any ideas I can incorporate or better yet, a fantastic idea that will make me look fantastic! *S*

Class 2: This was a grant writing workshop (no credit, just free knowledge). I have to come up with a grant that I want to research and propose by next class - about 4 weeks away. If you were to write a grant (with money being of no concern) what would you propose? Would you focus on new equipment, creative experiences for your students, ??? Again, I think it is just brain overload, cause I just can't think of anything to write a grant for.

Thanks in advance!
~Michal

---