Re: Paris info

---------

From: Wendy Manning (wmanning_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 18 2000 - 22:09:53 PDT

> Hi does anyone have any safe inexpensive places to stay in Paris. I have
> the same problem that Jean had with London. I have daughter over there
> with 2 friends. They originally had a place to stay that fell through.
> They are in Irealnd right now with my inlaws. But in Paris they will be
on
> their own. Any suggestions? She has the normal books on hotiles etc, but
> personal expertise is always nice. Susan in Ohio

Formule 1 chain has a hotel in Paris, a few min walk to the subway,
very clean, modern, quiet, and $40 bucks Cdn per night. That's cheaper than
a hostel if there's more than one of you.
 Bathrooms are down the hall but self-cleaning
( they wash themselves as soon as you leave). Nice continental breakfast is
included. It's walking distance
to the Montmarte. It is in the Port St Ouen area near the perimeter highway.
  The youth hostels are fine too. We stayed at the one in Clichy, easy by
subway.
Hope this helps. Now I'm getting nostalgic!
   Wendy

---