Re: What classes to take....a different slant on it

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 18:02:03 PDT

In a message dated 06/18/2001 10:41:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
johns392@tc.umn.edu writes:

> Part of what I found so amazing was what there was to learn......once I had
> classroom experience in an art room. That is......as an experienced
> teacher there were "hooks of experience" on which to hang the theories that

Hi, Lia, and thanks for sharing your point of view, which I found very
interesting. I think that maybe the presentation of many of those education
courses, rather than the content, was what I found to be so uninspiring.
Yes, I agree that classroom experience made the theories come alive. Only
when we teachers have the opportunities to apply the textbook theories does
the real learning evolve for us. Personally, I prefer hands-on art courses,
but your point of view about ed courses has much validity. Another thing I
love about this list, the different opinions that make me think and consider
other points of view!
Susan on Long Island

---