Re: Hot&humid:Susan from LI

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 17:28:38 PDT

In a message dated 06/18/2001 10:56:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
MarshArt@aol.com writes:

> I'm not crying for you, guys. Florida from June to October is yuck.
> Humidity?
> Forget any make-up. It drips off. Hair? Frizz. You go through summer with a
> tan but looking like hell. BUUUT, I will smile in December, January,
> February.

Gee, Marsha, thanks for your sympathy-LOL....You're missing the point: The
question to the persons who teach up north was: Do you think we should have
"heat days" like we have "snow days" when they call off school because of
inclement weather conditions? I certainly would be "crying for you", or any
of you teachers out there who teach in 100 degree heat without air
conditioning, anywhere in the country. Aren't most schools in Florida air
conditioned?
BTW, wasn't complaining about the heat, but about TEACHING in oppressive and
unhealthy weather conditions. And, as far as the weather goes, I smile all
year round, not just Dec., Jan., Feb., 'cause I love the beauty the wonderful
variety of weather the four seasons bring to New York and New England.
Susan on Long Island

---