Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: good books for summer

From: D. Sterner (dsterner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 16:02:32 PDT

the first photo was with a flag that was on hand. The second photo was a
much larger flag sent up the hill as a general wanted the first flag as a
keep sake.

The six boys captured in the photo were just standing around and jumped in
to help. The photo was taken by the photographer without having looked
through the view finder. The "famous picture" was discovered in the
developing lab.

anyway the book is pretty good - Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley