Re: good books for summer

---------

From: D. Sterner (dsterner_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 13:50:42 PDT

I just read "Flags of Our Fathers" by James Bradley. He is the son of one
of the 6 boys who raised the flag on Iwo Jima, Mt Sarbachi (sp?), during
W.W.II. He chronicles the lives of the boys from their upbringing,
enlisting in the Marines as well as some of the battles. He also described
the nature of why it was called a "staged shot". I enjoyed reading it.

Another to consider: Blue Highways - ya know the blue roads on a map...well
his guy traveled them as they are secondary roads - lots of local color.

deb