Back in action

---------

From: Jayna Ledbetter (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 10:33:26 PDT

Hi all! Now that we are back in action, here is my
update. All of your finger crossing was not in vain, I
got my new job in Wake County, NC and I've moved to
Cary, which should be called Suburbanville USA. So far
I really like it here. My year round middle school job
starts on July 2nd, and the kids come on the 9th. My
wedding is the 7th and I don't get back from my
Montana honeymoon til the 17th, so I have a couple of
subs covering my absence. The teacher who is leaving
even organized lessons for me while I'll be out! It's
going to be alot of work, but I'm looking forward to
teaching year round. Since it will only be my second
year, I've never experienced a summer off, so I'll try
not to get jealous of all of you. Michelle H., I know
you're right there with me! It's so funny, everyone
I've told has said "Oh, that will be nice with those
big breaks inbetween" and I've got to say, nah- it
don't work that way! With only one art teacher, I've
got to be there all the time, because there are always
kids there! My fiance likes the idea that I, too, have
to earn vacation time! Not to mention the benefits of
a salary increase and a huge budget. Judy D., do you
remember how much money I told you I had to spend last
year at the school with the termites? Triple it-
that's how much I have now at this two year old
school!
Have a great summer folks!
Jayna