Re: Crayon Batik

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 07:58:11 PDT

Maybe my sense of smell is too old, but I think when melted they (soy) have no
where near the smell of the toxicity of regular crayons ( when melted). My 8th
graders have never complained. Maybe my room ventialtion is better that I
thought.
I think their color is more vibrant. It is just an option. And isn't it nice
to have options? Seriously though, to all those who melt regular crayons there
is a formaldihide type odor you need to be careful of . If you have good
ventilation it shouldn't be a problem.
Happy Batiking!
MaryB