American Marketing effects how we teach about other culturesRE: "homework" topics --any ideas?

---------

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 19:29:30 PDT

During May, I heard a piece on NPR about Cinco de Mayo. Apparently it is a
very minor holiday in Mexico especially compared to their independence day
in September (think Flag Day compared to July 4th). Certain companies have
really marketed Cinco de Mayo because it creates a "long weekend" holiday
half way between (roughly) Easter and Memorial Day. Interesting perspective.

Kimberly (kimberly@wcc.net)