Re: The Impressionists and bad luck

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 17:39:02 PDT

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
 Danville, CA 94526
How's this for bad luck? We had company over and I forgot about watching
The Impressionists, but found at 10:30 it was on. Discovered that it was
running again at 12 midnite, so I thought I'd tape it since I'd missed the
first part. Finally figured out the VCR and how to record (not my
specialty, folks) and then the show begins, I push the record button. I'm
rather pleased with myself and decide to go to bed while it's recording.
Harry Smith had only been talking about one minute when the power went out!
Oh, well...Joy
 Though this is not an amusing turn of events, I had to grin because I
shared some of the same highlights you did! I was at my mom's home and five
minutes into the program, the transformer on top of the hill blew, lights
went out, and the transformer sparks started a raging grass fire. There was
lots of smoke and a helicopter with canvas bucket came swooping down to the
golf course lake to sweep up water to pour over the fire...again and again
and again, etc. We also missed Lawrence Welk and according to my mom, THAT
was definitely inappropriate! Neither of us were happy campers.

Figuring it would probably take all evening (at least) to fix a burning
transformer, we hurried to the drugstore to buy batteries and flashlights
for the long night ahead. As we were pulling into the driveway, the lights
came on. Oh, well.........Toodles.....Bunki

---