Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Papermaking sites compiled --Thank you!

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 10:34:51 PDT

Thank you all for helping build this list of sites! Below is what has been
sent already:... Please continue to post to the list --or to me privately
and I will add them to my Papermaking reference page. It is great to have
the Getty ArtsEdNet up and running again.

While papermaking is considered a craft by many -- I find many of these
artists have raised it to the level of "fine art". Sculpture has always been
considered a fine art (below are links to sculptural works done with
handmade paper)...and so has painting (below are links to artists who paint
with paper pulp). The above statement was mainly in rebuttal to a post made
to the other list...I have invited that member to join this list---we shall
see. need for debate.

Tour the Museum- Institute of Paper Science and Technology

Wove paper- History of paper making

Papermaking --brief history

Japanese paper museum

Papermaking supplies- Twin Rocker

Papermaking by Susan Olsen

Mary Fisher

Kevin Dyer

Jean-Michel Letellier

Webguide to Handmade paper

Mary Kay Colling - cast paper - sculpture

Inger-Johanne Brautaset - low relief

John Babcock - Handmade paper

Allen and Patty Eckman- Cast paper sculpture

Mark Lander sculpture- relief

Roberta Lavador - handmade books, paper

Jacqueline Mallegni (USA)
Handmade Paper Sculptural Lanterns

M.P. Marion (USA) - The Art Of Paper Making

Catherine Nash Papermaking/Book Arts

Pricilla Robinson - low relief/sculptural

Gail Stiffe- New Zealand - paper - installations--books