Papermaking sites compiled --Thank you!

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 10:34:51 PDT

Thank you all for helping build this list of sites! Below is what has been
sent already:... Please continue to post to the list --or to me privately
and I will add them to my Papermaking reference page. It is great to have
the Getty ArtsEdNet up and running again.

While papermaking is considered a craft by many -- I find many of these
artists have raised it to the level of "fine art". Sculpture has always been
considered a fine art (below are links to sculptural works done with
handmade paper)...and so has painting (below are links to artists who paint
with paper pulp). The above statement was mainly in rebuttal to a post made
to the other list...I have invited that member to join this list---we shall
see. Please...no need for debate.

Tour the Museum- Institute of Paper Science and Technology
http://www.ipst.edu/amp/museum_virtual_tour.htm

Wove paper- History of paper making
http://www.wovepaper.freeserve.co.uk/index.html

Papermaking --brief history
http://www.cbbag.ca/Papermaking.html

Japanese paper museum
http://www.isei.or.jp/Paper_Museum/Paper_Museum.html

http://www.larkbooks.com/home.nav/fa/index.html

Papermaking supplies- Twin Rocker
http://www.twinrocker.com/

Papermaking by Susan Olsen
http://www.thepaper-isapainting.com/index.html

http://www.exploratorium.edu/exploring/paper/index.html

Mary Fisher
http://www.maryfisher.com/index.html

Kevin Dyer
http://www.castpaper.com/

Jean-Michel Letellier
http://www.artpaperwork.com/Eng/gallery.php3

http://www.proaxis.com/~marvellj/books.html

Webguide to Handmade paper
http://members.vienna.at/difr/emain.html

http://www.kuhnikki.com/

Mary Kay Colling - cast paper - sculpture
http://mkcolling.com/port1.html

Inger-Johanne Brautaset - low relief
http://www.bgnett.no/~ijb/

John Babcock - Handmade paper
http://www.dsnap.com/gallery/Bab.html

Allen and Patty Eckman- Cast paper sculpture
http://www.eckmanfineart.com/

Mark Lander sculpture- relief
http://mysite.xtra.co.nz/~lander/page1.html
http://www.artists.co.nz/mlinimi.html

Roberta Lavador - handmade books, paper
http://www.missioncreekpress.com/contents.htm

Jacqueline Mallegni (USA) http://www.mallegni.com/
Handmade Paper Sculptural Lanterns

M.P. Marion (USA) - The Art Of Paper Making
http://www.execpc.com/~mpmarion/

Catherine Nash Papermaking/Book Arts
Installation
http://artistsregister.com/artists/AZ52
http://www.artheals.org/artists/Nash_Catherine_116/1.html

Pricilla Robinson - low relief/sculptural
http://www.priscillarobinson.com/index.html

Gail Stiffe- New Zealand - paper - installations--books
http://www.bluep.com/~stiffe/

---