Re: what classes to take?

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 08:12:49 PDT

> >blah, blah. But right now I just want to fulfill my certificate
obligations

I ran into the same problem (no art education masters degree programs in
area) so I ended up getting my masters in painting. At first, my district
gave me a hard time, they wanted to know how it supports my art education
degree (I know, it didn't make sense to me either). Then the university gave
me a hard time, they wanted me to take a leave of absence from my teaching
and go to school full time. Well, finally convinced both parties that they
should let me pursue the degree and teach. It took me over four years, but
I did it, and I found it to be a fulfilling experience. The last two years
I did my thesis, studio work and show, it was intense, but I learned so
much.

Good Luck, Leah

---