This Week at TAPPED IN (June 17)

---------

From: BJ Berquist (berquist_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 03:51:07 PDT

After School Online (ASO) is a forum for educators. The scheduled
events, designed for professional development, are open to everyone in
the TAPPED IN community and all guests. Login at
http://www.tappedin.org. If you are new to TAPPED IN, please login 10
minutes before the ASO event is scheduled to begin. This will allow us
to get you where you need to be.

Print out this weekly schedule as a quick reference to what's happening;
you can get a monthly view and description of the events online at our
Time-Zone Friendly Calendar:
http://www.tappedin.org/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar.cgi

Go to the url below each event for descriptions of the individual
events.
Monday, June 18
* Technology Coordinators Forum: Summer Planning and AUP's
6:00-7:00pm PDT/9:00-10:00pm EDT
Tuesday, June 19
* Euro Language: From websites to student activities
12:00-1:00pm PDT/3:00-4:00pm EDT/19:00-20:00 GMT

* TAPPED IN Tours and Tips
2:30-3:30pm PDT/5:30-6:30pm EDT/21:30-22:30 GMT

* Jigsaw Helper: Cooperative Learning, Grouping and the Web
5:00-6:00pm PDT/8:00-9:00pm EDT
Read about this session online at
http://www.tappedin.org/info/calendar/june01.html#online.
Wednesday, June 20
* Social Studies Forum - Current Events
5:00pm-6:00pm PDT/8:00pm-9:00pm EDT
Thursday, June 21
* 13th Benyoukai: Study Forum Featuring Mark Cowan
4:00pm-5:00pm PDT/7:00pm-8:00pm EDT
Read about this session online at
http://www.tappedin.org/info/calendar/june01.html#teched.

* Targeting Librarians! Improving Partnerships Thru Tech
3:30-5:00pm PDT/6:30-8:00pm EDT
Read about this session online at
http://www.tappedin.org/info/calendar/june01.html#library.

* Alt./Correctional Ed.: CEA Region I Conference
5:00-6:00pm PDT/8:00-9:00pm EDT
Read about this session online at
http://www.tappedin.org/info/calendar/june01.html#alted.
Highlighted sessions to be discussed include an ESL program, NPR's
Prison Diaries, and an arts program for at-risk youth. Lou August,
Director, Wilderness Technology Alliance, will also join the discussion
to answer questions about his WTA project.
Respectfully submitted,
BJ Berquist
Associate Educator, TAPPED IN
mailto:bjb@tappedin.org