You're MY Educators

---------

From: Peter and Marty Rombold (petmar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 13:02:43 PDT

Dear Art Educators that contribute so unselfishly,
I quietly added my name to this list last March and want to express my heartfelt thanks for all your ideas that you have shared and the discussions from which I've been privileged to learn so much valuable information.

I'm in such a unique position; for years and years I lobbied for our Kansas school district to add art to their curriculum for they had NONE in the 13 elementary schools they governed. Eventually I began volunteering to do some art education in my children's school by being a "Picture Lady" (bringing in large art reproductions and discussing) which led to my volunteering to do art lessons with them. The district finally added 2 certified art teachers 2 years ago. They travel among the schools and are in each building approx. 16 times during the school year. Last fall, I was hired as a teacher's assistant (at playground monitor wages with a budget of $100/annually) to teach art (with my social work degree) to the 1st-5th grades. I have two classes each day. The certified art teacher requested that I not use her lessons nor ideas and is unwilling to share resources.

So without your input, I'd have been up a creek. For your lesson plans, supply suggestions and classroom management ideas, I'm am SO THANKFUL--and so are 200 elementary aged kids. You've been great professors.
Marty

---