Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: making crayons

Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 09:55:24 PDT

In a message dated 06/16/2001 11:38:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

> Have you ever done crayon batik? Needs close supervision, but the results
> are
> neat. Melt the old crayons in metal containers, keeping colors separated. I
> used an old muffin tin. Be sure to melt crayons over water for safety. I
> placed the muffin tin in an electric skillet filled with water and kept the
> skillet

I used to do this. It's a wonderful project which then can be made into other
things with the fabric. We used to do it each year, when the classes were
smaller and the schedule not so stuffed with back to back classes.

The best time we did this was with a small group, 10 or so in an art club
setting for two hours after school once a week.

Leslie in Framingham