Projects for first of year

---------

From: JDecker (JDecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 08:06:50 PDT

I have LOTS of lesson plan links on my site.....but whatever you do...the
projects at the first of the year must be to easy enough for you to manage
to establish your discipline plan. The projects should be skills assessment
(such as Mark Alexander's "Draw yourself jumping to reach an apple") that do
not require any help from you for the student to succeed. Drawing projects
with simple supplies are good for this. The lessons you do at the start of
the year (semester, trimester) are not the lessons that will "Wow"
them....but you need these so you can do the "wow" lessons later.

Sharon Kennedy has a good lesson that she uses to establish her rules and
assess innate drawing ability (multi-aged group). Couldn't find it on her
site at quick glance....but it was to draw a person, a house and a tree.

Lesson plan links:
http://www2.wcoil.com/~mdecker/arted.htm

Sharon has many elementary plans on her site too:
http://www.art-rageous.net/Art-Plans.html

Judy D.

---