Re: start the year

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 05:44:38 PDT

Dear Susan,

If this is your first year at the school, you'll need to spend quite a bit
of time teaching and reinforcing your procedures. Especially if your
procedures differ from the previous teacher. After a few years of
consistent procedures, the kids will only need a quick review. I would plan
to use the first day to introduce yourself, your philosophy, your vision for
the class (allow the curious kids to ask lots of questions), introduce your
rules/consequences/ rewards, your procedures, etc. Have posters that will
remind them of important points. If you do an activity I'd do art folders,
or something fun related to learning procudures, like, dump the table
caddies and have a race to see which table can first get the items back in
place neatly. I get the art supplies out as soon as possible, the first or
second class.

Leah