Supply Misuse

---------

From: Gabrielle Prandoni (gprandon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 01:54:21 PDT

    I had to chuckle when I read this. I find two times of the year when
the students seem to stash supplies around the room - the beginning and the
end of school. I spend considerable time at the beginning of each year
instructing the students in appropriate tool use. We do pretty well, but
there is always someone that does not want to clean up after themselves. I
usually try my dry humor..." How many of you think I look like your
mother?" This usually stops them dead in their tracks, and then gives me an
opportunity to instruct them on appropriate tool use and clean up, and how I
really do not want to feel like the Old Woman in the Shoe.
    Now for the difficult questions. For about a month I did not receive
ArtsTalk, and now it is back. What went on? This past month has been
wild...end of school wrap up, many retirements, and trying to keep up with
life. Any insight into this would be a help.
Thanks.
Gabrielle

---