Re: making crayons

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 15:59:55 PDT

A project I have done is to take your electric skillets and turn them on
LOW. Have the kids draw with the crayons onto the skillets (yes, the crayons
will melt!) Then place a piece of paper on and rub quickly. The skillets
should be just warm enough to touch, but not to burn. The pictures are
always one of kind - very unique!
~Michal

> I am looking for a quickie fun activity for my middle schoolers for the
last
> class of the year (after the room is cleaned up !) I'd like to do
something
> fun with the huge box of crayon stubbs that have accumulated. I have some
> electric skillets to melt the wax and was thinking of making new crayons
from
> the old. Question -- do the hard, square Prang crayons melt as easily as
the
> round "regular" crayolas ? Any help appreciated. Other fun ideas are
> welcome too !

---