Re: Some confusion I think..re: greek/olympic ideas

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 19:02:11 -0500

Artemis420 wrote:

> In a message dated 7/31/99 3:21:14 PM EST, lindacharlie writes:
>
> << Hi everyone. I think I was a little confused and therefore came off as
> > confusing when I asked for your ideas regarding my "Olympic" integration. I
> > really need Greek and Roman art ideas.
>
> can't remember...did anyone mention frescoes and/or tile mosaics? How
> about clay portraits?
> linda in mich >>
> Or head gear like the wreathes awarded to winners?

must be the heat. i'm getting these ideas in slow-mo...once i saw some
really cool "greek columns" constructed out of corrugated cardboard. a
giant tube of it, corrugated side out formed the column which was topped
(and bottomed) by smaller pieces of cardboard cut and laminated to make
sort of doric capitals. maybe the cardboard could be spiraled and fixed
to look ionic; you're on your own for corinthian!
linda in mich