Re: Prep time

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Sat, 31 Jul 1999 10:03:53 -0500

Legally the district counts the start and end of each day as prep time. We
have an agreement for 225 min. per week of prep time. I teach middle school
with 8 periods per day, 43 min. each. One period every day is personal prep
time. I and the other elective teachers in my building do not get a 2nd prep
(collaborative plan). I think in some middle schools they do get a 2nd plan.
Passing periods (4 min) are not prep time because we are expected to be outside
our doors and visible in the halls. I hope this gives you a clear picture.

Woody in Kansas City

Litesal wrote:

> Dear Alicia and Others,
>
> Do you guys count that time at the beginning of the day as prep time?

the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04
http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html
http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm
to contact me via E-mail