Re: Is Monet indeed an Impressionist?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:33:41 -0500

"Impressionism" it's just a label that some newspaper critiques stuck on
a group of artists they didn't like. We all know it came from Monets
small painting of a boat at sunrise, titled "Impression Sunrise". It
stuck through the years and it is a handy enough label to get a feel for
one type of painting. If someone would like more carefully thought out
stylistic labels then go write a thesis with careful correlation to
music, literature and science, etc. It's just a label. I also love
Monet, and was very envious of friends who went to paint in his garden
rather than go to Taos.
Woody

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04 to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com

  • Reply: Stenger - Judith DiSalvo: "Re: ...someone's sob story who needs help...long post"