Re: ideas for list serve

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
wduncan (wduncan)
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 20:06:17 -0500

Linda Kelty wrote:

> There has been some discussion about how nice it would be to have graphics
> available on the list. I received a wonderful cartoon done by one teacher
> about art that the whole list probably would have appreciated. It would be
> great to see what kind of art work the individual teachers do. It would
> also be wonderful to share the work of our students online. I don't know
> how to accomplish putting images on line yet, but would make an effort to
> learn if I could actually use it.

Linda,
I believe the Getty advises us not to add attachments (images) to our e-mail
because many people fear opening them because of a possible virus. There is
also a concern about the amount of space graphics and long attachments take up
in the server. The solution is to have a web site to post images on and then
just include a link. Learning how to create web pages and links between them
is easy. If you are using netscape, open up a window in composer and start
typing and changing type faces, colors and insert an image or two. Just poke
around and you will figure it out. Space for web sites are often free, ask
your ISP. Somebody may need to help you publish the site but once it is up its
easy to add or change pages. Try it, If I can do it so can you.
Woody

--

This E-mail message is from Artist/Teacher Woody Duncan Rosedale Middle School in Kansas City, Kansas the new URL for school is http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04 to see my beautiful grandkids Tim, Tess and Tiff click on http://www.taospaint.com/NineMonths.html to see my students working in the RMSartSTUDIO click on http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/user04/art.self.htm to contact me via E-mail click on wduncan better yet visit my Web Site at http://www.taospaint.com