Fw: perspective question....

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Linda Kelty (lckelty)
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:48:51 -0400

Marvin Grossman wrote:

>IT may be that gifted children recognize that perspective is only one of
the
>infinite ways to express what they see or feel. Teaching "Perspective" is
>easy to evaluate. mechanical, etc.. thus for some students non-threatening.
>Put in pespective,where does perspective fit in the larger perspective of
>ART? Why not teach Flat, inside out or disjointed?

Linda Kelty responded:
I think the evaluation of perspective is most readily done using a rubric
which incorporates accuracy and understanding with creativity, elaboration
and craftsmanship.
As for why not teach Flat, inside out or disjointed, I doubt that any
teacher or program or teacher teaches only perspective. Any credible
program develops multiple approaches to generate success for their students,
if not in one study, then in another. We need to be careful not to
generalize on the basis of one aspect of a program, just as we should be
careful not to generalize the individual students.