Re: Japanese Design

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
henry taylor (taylorh)
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 19:01:43 -0700

Snarl!
The glistering arizona desert summer heat!! No cooler No A.C. The drip drip
drip drip drip drip drip drip of the midsummer monsoon on my dining room
tabletop. Durn mosquitos every night sucking my ankles dry! My eys gritty
and burning, coughing choking on citronella fumes and ozone from the
lightning strikes in the backyard. Stupid cat! I told her not to go outside
in the rain. I KNEW!!! But would she listen to me. NO O o o o o o
o!!!
I'm gonna......

SNAP!!!

Oh!! Yeah right. Japanese design. Hmmm. Cool stuff. Ther are several
Japanese traditional aesthetics but my favorite is Wabi-Sabi.

The CLASSIC book is: The Book of Tea by Kakuzo Okakura. (aka Tenshin),
circa 1906.

For something really excellent and as recent as 1994, look for Leonard
Koren's wonderful book: "Wabi-Sabi for Artists, Designers, Poets and
Philosophers"

He says it. I don't have to...

Gosh, is it hot and humid in here or what? drip drip drip drip drip drip
drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip where's the cat? Jingle Bells!
Here kitty kitty got some nice kibble for you!

VVVVBG
-henry