Re: Comment on One-Point Perspective Site

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 23:11:08 -0500

Olejarz2 wrote:

> In a message dated 7/25/99 10:38:13 AM, Suzannart writes:
>
> <<This is excellent... But I like
> the way you broke it down into steps. Sue>>
>
> Thanks. When I teach my 7th graders they get very excited about perspective....

i liked your site too, harold and speaking of linear perspective, does
anyone know about the research i've only heard about that indicates 5th
grade as the developmental window for teaching it??? i've sort of tested
this out informally and my experiences are leading me to that conclusion
as well. this year i did very simple 1-pt. perspective landscapes with
half the 4ths, and a 1 pt. perspective room interior with a 5/6 split. i
guess i "hooked" the 4th graders on the idea because their teacher
reported to me that they were doing all sorts of experimenting with it
in their class assignments after that. with the 5/6 class, the 5s were
more successful than the 6s and the boys moreso than the girls. so,
what's that all about? this year i'll do the room interior with the 5s
and see what happens between those who had the intro last year and those
who didn't. I'd still like to know about that research though, if
anyone's heard of it.
linda in michigan