Re: pretty bad day..

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 18:11:59 -0500

Gary D. LaTurner wrote:

> I seem to remember that when the mache dries it shrinks, popping the
> balloon. Leaving an area about three or four inches in diameter that is
> uncover allows the balloon room to expand rather than pop. Then, cover
> that space the next day. Maybe it was only by chance that it worked,
> but...
> Gary

my kids balloons were popping as they were working on them, with only
half the balloon covered with one layer of newsprint. then more were
still popping 45 minutes later while sitting on the shelf. didn't have
any of that with the brand new balloons so i think it was because the
first batch had been sitting around for a few years.
linda in mich