Re: EgyptianArt

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:43:43 -0400

Kathleen McCrea wrote:

> Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
> Encoding: quoted-printable

A word on the Nelson. No I haven't seen it- but did you know that
the Nelson has one of the largest Asian collections in this
country. The were also left around 800 Moore sculptures ( however
they only exhibit a small amount at a time. The catacombs have many
artifacts and large works which are not always out- some travel. I
am a previous educator from there and I also went to the art
institute KCAI across the street. I'm sure the Egyptian exhibit is
fine. They also had Wang Yani there as a very young girl and African
musicians. To get to the more contemporary museum cut across Art
Inst. Campus and cross the street by the ceramics building.
Sandra
P.S.-Oh Woody have you seen it??
He's the closest list member there.