Re: pretty bad day..

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
lindacharlie (lindacharlie)
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 22:08:01 -0500

Sages7 wrote:

> ... I have had an awful afternoon....
> when I went into my classroom to check on
> the drying process I noticed that three of the balloons had popped and
> masks were no more...

Heather, the same thing happened to my class of first graders last year.
Some balloons were popping as the kids were working on them which I
thought was very strange. Then they were just sitting there on a shelf
after that group left and another one came in and BOOM! BOOM! they were
popping left and right. About half of them were ruined. We started over
the next week with new balloons that I bought at a party store and
everything was fine so I was thinking the balloons I'd had on hand might
have been so old the latex had deteriorated. If you have time to get
some new balloons maybe you'll have better luck...or try plastic milk
jugs. Turned upside down the handles make weird noses. Or plastic
grocery bags stuffed with newspaper...Hope you find a way to work things
out.
Linda in Michigan